1. TTSH Patient Safety Workgroup Committee
2. Peer Review Learning-Quality Assurance Committee: Secretary
3. Lung Cancer Screening Workgroup
4. TTSH SRE Committee
5. Asian Prostate Imaging Workgroup: Education Chair
6. Faculty, Family Medicine Residency Program, Singapore
7. Faculty, Skills in Trauma and Resuscitation (STAR), Cambodia
8. Faculty, Basic Emergency Sonography in Trauma, Singapore
9. Adjunct Clinical Tutor, Lee Kong Chian School of Medicine
1. Lee CH et al. Clinical utility of combined T2-weighted imaging and T2-mapping in the detection of prostate cancer: a multi-observer study. Quant Imaging Med Surg. 2020;10:1811-22
2. Lee CH et al. Bosniak classification of cystic renal masses: utility of contrastenhanced ultrasound using version 2019. Med Ultrason. 2020;22:279-286
3. Liu JJ et al. Evaluation of non-contrast magnetic resonance imaging as an imaging surveillance tool for hepatocellular carcinoma in at-risk patients. Singapore Med J. 2020 Aug 17
4. Lee CH et al. Multiparametric MRI in Active Surveillance of Prostate Cancer: An Overview and a Practical Approach. Korean J Radiol. 2021 Apr 1.
5. Lee CH et al. Comparison of diagnostic performance and inter-reader agreement between PI-RADS v2.1 and PI-RADS v2: systematic review and analysis. Br J Radiol. 2022;95:20210509
Cher Heng Tan
Tan Tock Seng Hospital
Senior Consultant, Department of Diagnostic Radiology
Adjunct Associate Professor Cher Heng Tan graduated with a medical degree and post-graduate training in Diagnostic Radiology from National University of Singapore, Abdominal Imaging Clinical Fellowship at MD Anderson Cancer Center, and more recently, Executive MBA from Insead.
• Senior Consultant, Department of Diagnostic Radiology, Tan Tock Seng Hospital
• Assistant Chairman Medical Board (Clinical Research and Innovation), Tan Tock Seng Hospital
• Executive Director, Centre for Healthcare Innovation
• Assistant Dean (Clinical Research), Lee Kong Chian School of Medicine
• President, Singapore Radiological Society
• Vice-President, Asian Society of Abdominal Radiology
• Council Member, Asian Oceanian Society of Radiology
• Chair, Emerging Trends Committee, Asian Oceanian Society of Radiology
1. Li H, Lee CH, Chia D, Lin Z, Huang W, Tan CH. Machine Learning in Prostate MRI for Prostate Cancer: Current Status and Future Opportunities. Diagnostics (Basel). 2022 Jan 24;12(2):289.
2. Lee CH, Vellayappan B, Tan CH. Comparison of diagnostic performance and inter-reader agreement between PI-RADS v2.1 and PI-RADS v2: systematic review and meta-analysis. Br J Radiol. 2022 Mar 1;95(1131):20210509.
3. Cheng LJ, Soon SS, Tan TW, Tan CH, Lim TSK, Tay KJ, Loke WT, Ang B, Chiong E, Ng K. Cost-effectiveness of MRI targeted biopsy strategies for diagnosing prostate cancer in Singapore. BMC Health Serv Res. 2021 Sep 3;21(1):909.
4. Lee CH, Tan TW, Tan CH. Multiparametric MRI in Active Surveillance of Prostate Cancer: An Overview and a Practical Approach. Korean J Radiol. 2021 Jul;22(7):1087-1099.
5. Loy LM, Lim GH, Leow JJ, Lee CH, Tan TW, Tan CH. A systematic review and meta-analysis of magnetic resonance imaging and ultrasound guided fusion biopsy of prostate for cancer detection-Comparing transrectal with transperineal approaches. Urol Oncol. 2020 Aug;38(8):650-660.
Choon Hua Thng
National Cancer Centre
MBBS, FRCR (UK)
FRCR (UK) 1996
Body Imaging Fellow, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, NY, USA. 1998/99
National Cancer Centre, Singapore (2000 to present)
1: Chan WY, Hartono S, Thng CH, Koh DM. New Advances in Magnetic Resonance Techniques in Abdomen and Pelvis. Magn Reson Imaging Clin N Am. 2020 Aug;28(3):433-445.
2: Tran A, Koh TS, Prawira A, Ho RZW, Le TBU, Vu TC, Hartano S, Teo XQ, Chen WC, Lee P, Thng CH, Huynh H. Dynamic Contrast-Enhanced Magnetic Resonance Imaging as Imaging Biomarker for Vascular Normalization Effect of Infigratinib in High- FGFR-Expressing Hepatocellular Carcinoma Xenografts. Mol Imaging Biol. 2021 Feb;23(1):70-83.
3: Akram F, Koh PE, Wang F, Zhou S, Tan SH, Paknezhad M, Park S, Hennedige T, Thng CH, Lee HK, Sommat K. Exploring MRI based radiomics analysis of intratumoral spatial heterogeneity in locally advanced nasopharyngeal carcinoma treated with intensity modulated radiotherapy. PLoS One. 2020 Oct 5;15(10):e0240043.
4: Chew XH, Sultana R, Mathew EN, Ng DCE, Lo RHG, Toh HC, Tai D, Choo SP, Goh BKP, Yan SX, Loke KSH, Thang SP, Gogna A, Venkatanarasimha NK, Tong AKT, Moe FNN, Chua JSS, Ang RWT, Ong AD, Ng AWY, Hoang MTQ, Too CW, Thng CH, Chan WY, Kee W, Chan JHM, Irani F, Leong S, Lim KH, Wang MLC, Chow PKH. Real-World Data on Clinical Outcomes of Patients with Liver Cancer: A Prospective Validation of the National Cancer Centre Singapore Consensus Guidelines for the Management of Hepatocellular Carcinoma. Liver Cancer. 2021 Jun;10(3):224-239.
5: Chow PKH, Gandhi M, Tan SB, Khin MW, Khasbazar A, Ong J, Choo SP, Cheow PC, Chotipanich C, Lim K, Lesmana LA, Manuaba TW, Yoong BK, Raj A, Law CS, Cua IHY, Lobo RR, Teh CSC, Kim YH, Jong YW, Han HS, Bae SH, Yoon HK, Lee RC, Hung CF, Peng CY, Liang PC, Bartlett A, Kok KYY, Thng CH, Low AS, Goh ASW, Tay KH, Lo RHG, Goh BKP, Ng DCE, Lekurwale G, Liew WM, Gebski V, Mak KSW, Soo KC; Asia-Pacific Hepatocellular Carcinoma Trials Group. SIRveNIB: Selective Internal Radiation Therapy Versus Sorafenib in Asia-Pacific Patients With Hepatocellular Carcinoma. J Clin Oncol. 2018 Jul 1;36(19):1913-1921.
Dinesh K Varma
Monash University, Melbourne
2009 appointed RANZCR Rouse Fellow.
2011 awarded RANZCR Rohan Williams Travelling Professor.
2011-2013 President of RANZCR
2013 Awarded Honorary Fellowship to Singapore Academe of Medicine.
2015-2017 Chief Censor RANZCR
2016 Founder Chair of Australian and New Zealand Emergency Radiology Group (ANZERG) a Special Interest Group of RANZCR.
2018-2021 President; Asia Oceanian Society of Radiology (AOSR)
2019-2021 Chief of Professional Practice, RANZCR
2019 Recipient of RANZCR Roentgen Award in recognition of his very valuable service to the College over a substantial period of time.
2019 – Current, Deputy Chair, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) Mission, MRFF– Federal Health Ministerial appointment, Australian Government.
2020 – Honorary Fellow National Trauma Research Institute, Melbourne, VIC, Australia
2021 President Elect Australasian Trauma Society.
He is also on the advisory panel of various international projects.
Research and academic: 60 peer reviewed publications, Supervisor of undergraduate and post graduate degrees (Masters and PhD).
Associate Editor of Journal of Medical Imaging and Radiation Oncology and reviewer of other journals.
Dong Ho Lee
Seoul National University Hospital
College of Medicine - M.D.: Seoul National University
Graduate School - M.S.: Seoul National University
Graduate School – Ph.D.: Seoul National University
Radiology Fellowship, Seoul National University Hospital, Seoul (April 2013 – February 2014)
Clinical assistant professor, Seoul National University Hospital, Seoul (March 2014 – August 2017)
Clinical associate professor, Seoul National University Hospital, Seoul (September 2017 – now)
1. Kang HJ, Lee DH, Park SJ. & Han JK. Virtual noncontrast images derived from dual-energy CT for assessment of hepatic steatosis in living liver donors. European Journal of Radiology 2021. 139, 109687.
2. Bae, J. S., Lee, D. H., Yoo, J., Yi, N. J., Lee, K. W., Suh, K. S., Kim, H. & Lee, K. B. Association between spleen volume and the post-hepatectomy liver failure and overall survival of patients with hepatocellular carcinoma after resection. Eur Radiol 2021 Apr;31(4):2461-2471
3. Kang HJ, Kim H, Lee DH, Hur BY, Hwang YJ, Suh KS, Han JK. Gadoxetate-enhanced MRI Features of Proliferative Hepatocellular Carcinoma Are Prognostic after Surgery. Radiology. 2021 Sep;300(3):572-582.
4. Yoo J, Min JH, Lee DH, Hur BY, Kim SW, Kim E. Abbreviated Magnetic Resonance Imaging With Breath-Hold Three-Dimensional Magnetic Resonance Cholangiopancreatography: Assessment of Malignant Risk of Pancreatic Intraductal Papillary Mucinous Neoplasm. J Magn Reson Imaging. 2021 Oct;54(4):1177-1186
5. Jeon SK, Lee DH, Park J, Suh KS, Yi NJ, Hong SK, Han JK. Tumor volume measured using MR volumetry as a predictor of prognosis after surgical resection of single hepatocellular carcinoma. Eur J Radiol. 2021 Nov;144:109962.
Royal Marsden Hospital
Department of Radiology
• National University of Singapore, M.B.,B.S (1989)
• Fellow of the Royal College of Radiologist, UK (1996)
• Fellow of the Royal College of Physician, UK (2021)
• Senior Fellow of the International Society of Magnetic Resonance in Medicine (2018)
• Fellow of the International Society of European Society of Gastrointestinal and Abdominal Radiology (2017)
• Fellow of the International Cancer Imaging Society (2009)
Prof. Koh’s clinical and research interest is in the development and application of novel imaging techniques for tumour assessment, particularly in the abdomen and in malignant bone disease. He has a particular interest in body diffusion-weighted MR (DWI) and whole-body MRI to improve the ability to detect and characterise tumours, as well as to monitor the effects of conventional and novel therapeutics. Recent research includes body MR fingerprinting, radiomics and using artificial intelligence and machine learning to improve imaging diagnostics and workflows.
Prof. Koh is the Director of the National Institute of Health Research (NIHR) Clinical Research Facility at the Royal Marsden Hospital and Institute of Cancer Research. He is also co-director of the AI Imaging Hub at the Royal Marsden Hospital.
Prof. Koh was an associate editor for Radiology (2011-2018). He was awarded the Barclay Medal in 2013 for his contributions to the British Journal of Radiology. Prof. Koh has more than 250 publications in peer reviewed journals and textbooks.
1: Bhaludin BN, Tunariu N, Koh DM, Messiou C, Okines AF, McGrath SE, Ring AE,
Parton MM, Sharma B, Gagliardi T, Allen SD, Pope R, Johnston SRD, Downey K. A
review on the added value of whole-body MRI in metastatic lobular breast cancer.
Eur Radiol. 2022 Apr 6. doi: 10.1007/s00330-022-08714-6. Epub ahead of print.
2: Johnston EW, Basso J, Winfield J, McCall J, Khan N, Messiou C, Koh DM,
Fotiadis N. Starting CT-guided robotic interventional oncology at a UK centre.
Br J Radiol. 2022 Mar 21:20220217. doi: 10.1259/bjr.20220217. Epub ahead of
print. PMID: 35290098.
3: Doran SJ, Al Sa'd M, Petts JA, Darcy J, Alpert K, Cho W, Sanchez LE, Alle S,
El Harouni A, Genereaux B, Ziegler E, Harris GJ, Aboagye EO, Sala E, Koh DM,
Marcus D. Integrating the OHIF Viewer into XNAT: Achievements, Challenges and
Prospects for Quantitative Imaging Studies. Tomography. 2022 Feb
11;8(1):497-512. doi: 10.3390/tomography8010040. PMID: 35202205; PMCID:
4: Donners R, Figueiredo I, Tunariu N, Blackledge M, Koh DM, de la Maza MLDF,
Chandran K, de Bono JS, Fotiadis N. Multiparametric bone MRI can improve CT-
guided bone biopsy target selection in cancer patients and increase diagnostic
yield and feasibility of next-generation tumour sequencing. Eur Radiol. 2022 Jan
29. doi: 10.1007/s00330-022-08536-6. Epub ahead of print. PMID: 35092476.
5: Fu X, Zhao Y, Lopez JI, Rowan A, Au L, Fendler A, Hazell S, Xu H, Horswell S,
Shepherd STC, Spencer CE, Spain L, Byrne F, Stamp G, O'Brien T, Nicol D,
Augustine M, Chandra A, Rudman S, Toncheva A, Furness AJS, Pickering L, Kumar S,
Koh DM, Messiou C, Dafydd DA, Orton MR, Doran SJ, Larkin J, Swanton C, Sahai E,
Litchfield K, Turajlic S; TRACERx Renal Consortium, Bates PA. Spatial patterns
of tumour growth impact clonal diversification in a computational model and the
TRACERx Renal study. Nat Ecol Evol. 2022 Jan;6(1):88-102. doi:
10.1038/s41559-021-01586-x. Epub 2021 Dec 23. PMID: 34949820; PMCID: PMC8752443.