College of Medicine, SungKyunKwan University
College of Medicine, Kagwon National University (Ph.D.)
Rotating Internship / Samsung Medical Center
Residency / Department of Radiology, Samsung Medical Center
Fellowship / Department of Radiology, Samsung Medical Center
Assistant professor / Department of Radiology, Chungnam National University Hospital
1. Blood oxygenation level-dependent MRI at 3T for differentiating prostate cancer from benign tissue: a preliminary experience [Br J Radiol. 2022 Mar 1;95(1131):20210461.]
2. Circularity Index on Contrast-Enhanced Computed Tomography Helps Distinguish Fat-Poor Angiomyolipoma from Renal Cell Carcinoma: Retrospective Analyses of Histologically Proven 257 Small Renal Tumors Less Than 4 cm [Korean J Radiol. 2021 May;22(5):735-741.]
3. Yield of concurrent systemic biopsy during MRI-targeted biopsy according to Prostate Imaging Reporting and Data System version 2 in patients with suspected prostate cancer [Eur Radiol. 2021 Mar;31(3):1667-1675.]
4. Utility of diffusion-weighted imaging in association with pathologic upgrading in biopsy-proven grade I endometrial cancer [J Magn Reson Imaging. 2020 Jan;51(1):117-123.]
5. Prognostic Significance for Long-Term Outcomes Following Radical Prostatectomy in Men with Prostate Cancer: Evaluation with Prostate Imaging Reporting and Data System Version 2 [Korean J Radiol. 2019 Feb;20(2):256-264.]
St. Marianna University School of Medicine
Department of Emergency and Critical Care Medicine
1989-1995 Medical School, St. Marianna University School of Medicine
1995-1997 Rotational Internship, St. Marianna University Hospital, Kawasaki, Kanagawa, Japan
1997-2001 Post-Graduate/Residency, Radiology, St. Marianna University School of Medicine,
Kawasaki, Kanagawa, Japan
Deputy Director: Digital Health Cocreation Center, St. Marianna University School of Medicine, Kawasaki, Kanagawa, JAPAN: 2020-present
Chief: Division of Emergency and Trauma Radiology, Department of Emergency and Critical Care Medicine, St. Marianna University School of Medicine, Kawasaki, Kanagawa, JAPAN: 2007-present
Attending Staff Radiologist: Division of Emergency and Trauma Radiology, Department of
Emergency and Critical Care Medicine, St Marianna University School of Medicine, Kawasaki,
Kanagawa, Japan: 2005-2007
Research Fellow, Division of Emergency and Trauma Radiology, Shock Trauma Center,
University of Maryland, Baltimore, Maryland, US: 2004-2005
Attending Staff Radiologist: Department of Radiology, St Marianna University School of
Medicine, Kawasaki, Kanagawa, Japan: 2001-2004
1. Matsumura Y, Matsumoto J, Kondo H, Idoguchi K, Ishida T, Okada Y, Kon Y, Oka K, Ishida
K, Toyoda Y, Funabiki T; DIRECT-IABO investigators. Early arterial access for REBOA is
related to survival outcome in trauma. J Trauma Acute Care Surg. 2018 Jun 12. PubMed
2. Matsumura Y, Matsumoto J, Kondo H, Idoguchi K, Ishida T, Kon Y, Tomita K, Ishida K,
Hirose T, Umakoshi K, Funabiki T; DIRECT-IABO Investigators. Fewer REBOA complications
with smaller devices and partial occlusion: evidence from a multicentre registry in Japan.
Emerg Med J. 2017 Dec;34(12):793-799. 2017 Aug 31. PubMed PMID: 28860179.
3. Matsumura Y, Matsumoto J, Idoguchi K, Kondo H, Ishida T, Kon Y, Tomita K, Ishida K,
Hirose T, Umakoshi K, Funabiki T; DIRECT-IABO investigators. Non-traumatic hemorrhage is
controlled with REBOA in acute phase then mortality increases gradually by non-hemorrhagic
causes: DIRECT-IABO registry in Japan. Eur J Trauma Emerg Surg. 2017 Aug 22PubMed
4. Matsumura Y, Matsumoto J, Kondo H, Idoguchi K, Funabiki T; DIRECT-IABO investigators.
Partial occlusion, conversion from thoracotomy, undelayed but shorter occlusion: resuscitative
endovascular balloon occlusion of the aorta strategy in Japan. Eur J Emerg Med. 2017 Mar 21.
5. Reva VA, Matsumura Y, Hörer T, Sveklov DA, Denisov AV, Telickiy SY, Seleznev AB,
Bozhedomova ER, Matsumoto J, Samokhvalov IM, Morrison JJ. Resuscitative endovascular
balloon occlusion of the aorta: what is the optimum occlusion time in an ovine model of
hemorrhagic shock? Eur J Trauma Emerg Surg. 2016 Oct 13. PMID: 27738726
Prince of Songkla university
Emergency unit, radiology department
2004-2010 Medical degree, Prince of Songkla University, Songkhla, Thailand.
2013-2016 Residency in diagnostic radiology, Prince of Songkla University, Songkhla, Thailand
2016-2018 Clinical fellowship in Advance body imaging, King Chulalongkorn Memorial Hospital
2018-present Clinical instructor in Emergency unit, Radiology department, Faculty of medicine, Prince of Songkla University, Songkhla, Thailand
1. Kittipong Riabroi, MD, Khanin Khanungwanitkul, MD, Prasert Wattanapongpitak, BSc, Anchali Krisanachinda, BSc, PhD, Keerati Hongsakul, MD. Patient Radiation Dose in Neurointerventional Radiologic Procedure: A Tertiary Care Experience. Journal of neurointervention, 2018;13:110-116
2. Isaris Chaokamin, MD, Apiwich Anukoolphaiboon, MD, Virote Chalieopanyarwong, MD, Worapat Attawettayanon, MD, Kanin Khanungwanitkul, MD, Kamonwon Cattapan, MD, Paramee Thongsuksai, MD. Neurilemmoma of Seminal Vesicle: A case report. PSU medical journal, 2021, vol1 No1: 17-21.
3. (In place) Stefania Romano, Carmela Somma, Antonio Sciuto, Warissara Jutidamrongphan, Daniela Pacella, Francesco Esposito, Marta Puglia, Claudio Mauriello, Khanin Khanungwanitkul and Felice Pirozzi, MDCT Findings in Gastrointestinal Perforations and the Predictive Value according to the Site of Perforation: Tomography
Severance hospital, Yonsei College of Medicine
Department of Radiology
2015.3-2017.2 PhD degree at Ulsan university, College of Medicine
2012.3-2014.2 Master’s degree at Ulsan university, College of Medicine
2003.3-2009.2 Medical degree at Chonbuk national university, College of Medicine
1. 2017.3 – present Severance hospital, Seoul, Korea
Assistant professor, Vascular and Interventional radiology
2. 2016.3-2017.2 Severance hospital, Seoul, Korea
Fellowship, Vascular and Interventional radiology
3. 2015.3-2016.2 Asan medical center, Seoul, Korea
Fellowship, Vascular and Interventional radiology
4. 2011.3-2015.2 Asan medical center, Seoul, Korea
5. 2010.3-2011.2 Asan medical center, Seoul, Korea
1. Han K, Kim SY, Kim MD. Non-spherical polyvinyl alcohol particles versus tris-acrul microspheres: Randomized controlled trial comparing pain after uterine artery embolization for symptomatic fibroids. Radiology 2021 Feb
2. Han K, Kim JH, Yang SG, Park SH, Choi HK, Chun SY, Kim PN, Park J, Lee M. A single-center retrospective analysis of periprocedural variables affecting local tumor progression. Radiology 2021 Jan.
3. Koo JH, Lee I, Han K, Seo SK, Kim MD, Lee JK, Kwon JH, Kim GM, Lee J, Won JY. Comparison of the therapeutic efficacy and ovarian reserve between catheter-directed sclerotherapy and surgical excision for ovarian endometrioma. European Radiology. 2021 Jan.
4. Han K, Kim MD, Kim GM. Comparison of Retrievability and Indwelling Complications of Celect and Denali Infrarenal Vena Cava Filters: A Randomized, Controlled Trial. Cardiovascular annter 2021 Oct.
5. Kim DK, Kwon JH, Ko HK, Lee J, Han K, Kim GM, Kim MD, Won JY, Joo HC, Ko GY, Lee DY. Comparative Outcome Analysis of N-Butyl Cyanoacrylate Embolization of the False Lumen Versus Thoracic Endovascular Aortic Repair in Aortic Dissection. Journal of Vascular and Interventional Radiology. 2021 Nov.
Keio University School of Medicine
Department of Radiology
Keio University School of Medicine, 1981~1987 (Undergraduate) (M.D.)
Department of Radiology, Keio University School of Medicine, 1999 (PhD)
・Resident in Department of Radiology, Keio University Hospital (1987)
・Research Fellow in Department of Radiology, Brigham and Women’s Hospital, Boston, USA (1999-2000)
・Assistant Professor in Department of Radiology, Keio University School of Medicine (2009)
・Professor and Chairman in Department of Radiology, Keio University School of Medicine (2014)
・Vice President of Keio University Hospital (2017-)
1) Deep Learning Algorithm for Fully Automated Detection of Small (≤4 cm) Renal Cell Carcinoma in Contrast-Enhanced Computed Tomography Using a Multicenter Database. Invest Radiol. 2022 May 1;57(5):327-333.
2) Diagnostic performance of the vesical imaging-reporting and data system for detecting muscle-invasive bladder cancer in real clinical settings: Comparison with diagnostic cystoscopy. Urol Oncol. 2022 Feb;40(2):61.e1-61.
3) Clinical utility of the Vesical Imaging-Reporting and Data System for muscle-invasive bladder cancer between radiologists and urologists based on multiparametric MRI including 3D FSE T2-weighted acquisitions. Eur Radiol 2021 Feb;31(2):875-883.
4) Diagnostic value of texture analysis of apparent diffusion coefficient maps for differentiating fat-poor angiomyolipoma from non-clear-cell renal cell carcinoma. Eur J Radiol. 2021 Oct;143:109895. doi: 10.1016/j.ejrad.2021.109895
5) Development of Upright Computed Tomography With Area Detector for Whole-Body Scans: Phantom Study, Efficacy on Workflow, Effect of Gravity on Human Body, and Potential Clinical Impact. Invest Radiol. 2020;55(2):73-83.
University of Trieste
1991: Degree in Medicine and Surgery, University of Genoa (Italy)
1995: Specialist in Radiology, University of Genoa (Italy)
2001: Visiting fellowship in Ultrasound, Dept Imaging, Hammersmith Hospital, London (UK)
2017: Level III European Diploma in Urogenital Radiology
November 2017 – Present: Associate Professor of Radiology, University of Trieste
November 1997 – October 2017: Assistant Professor of Radiology, University of Trieste
March 2010 – Present: Chief of Ultrasound, Dept. Radiology, University of Trieste
February 1996 - November 1997: Radiologist, Department of Radiology, University of Trieste
Author and co-Author of 221 journal articles and 87 book chapters
H-index of 38 (Scopus)
Editor of 4 Books.